- Planning the cruise, searching for pictures, living/breathing everything about the ship
- Reading ship reviews, signing up for the meet and mingle and talk with others cruising on MY ship at that time. Meeting new friends in advance of the cruise.
- Leaving on a jet plane to fly into whatever port and relax the night before we sail away.
- Ah..taking the shuttle to the port and seeing the large ships in the distance and the excitement mounting.
- Get the paperwork out of the way, make our way to the gangplank and step onto the ship. Trying all the time to NOT stoop down and kiss the floor.
- Checking out our stateroom and giggling in delight. Checking our table in the dining room and deciding if you want to change it.
- Heading to the buffet for a quick bite before changing into our bathing suits.
- Lying by the pool, frozen drink in hand and realizing that our vacation has started!
- Taking a shower, get dressed and decide where to eat for that first evening.
- Checking out the ship for awhile, then hitting the disco or karaoke lounge. Dancing til dawn.
Friday, October 3, 2008
WHY I LOVE CRUISING...
These are the reasons I love cruising-in no particular order: