Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ways To SAVE On A Cruise

I really want to book a trip before our cruise to the southern Caribbean in Feb. 2016.  I'm looking at Alaska, Caribbean and Bahamas.  My wonderful hubby has always wanted to go to Alaska.  However, it's pretty pricy not to mention flying into either Seattle, Vancouver or Alaska.  I've also looked at the Bahamas, pretty inexpensive and the Caribbean.

I'm trying to watch the prices and see where we can cut down IF we can book another cruise.  First, what's the best deals.  Celebrity has the 4 perks you can choose from  - a big perk when one includes free select drinks!  

I'm a balcony snob.  Can't help it, I love the breeze and ocean view.  That being said, could I book an inside room so I could afford going on another cruise?  ABSOLUTELY!! It would be different and I don't like the boxy feeling of it, but we have a grand suite booked for the southern Caribbean and we could certainly make it work.  

Another way to save - cheap flight.  Perhaps Spirit instead of Delta or American.  I don't like their customer service...heck...what customer service?  But I could do it to save money and be able to get to my destination.

Forego the pictures, souveniers,etc.  UGH!  I don't know if I could do that.  I love the pictures, but if it means cruising vs. not cruising. OK!  I can do that! 

Specialty dining - It's not that expensive but it does add up over time.  Eating only in the dining room and free venues wouldn't be tough at all.  Easy peasy.

Drinks - c'mon now.  Let's not get THAT drastic.  Cutting down on the number of drinks would save money.  We could do that right?  We can do that. Yeah.

So there are ways to afford a cruise even if it's not what you normally prefer.  Stepping on the ship makes all of the above so worth it, so why not economize and still enjoy an awesome cruise?

Happy sailing,
Mary


No comments: