Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Alaskan Cruise - Take a Break from the Sand and Sun!

I admit, I love the sand and sun.  I love cruising to the Caribbean.  It is vacation speak for relaxed.  There is nothing better than flying to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and walking off the plane to sunshine and balmy breezes.

So why do my thoughts turn to Alaska?  It's on my hubby's bucket list.  No doubt I would love it as much because the ship is my true destination.  (Anyone else feel that way?)  

Cruising from Seattle would be great as I've always wanted to spend a few day there anyway.  Knowing I'd have to bring socks and shoes and a sweater or light jacket?  Not so much.  I live in the north woods of Michigan.  I know cold better than most.  We are here: 
 However, this is a cruise that would make my hubby smile and I know the views would be worth every penny.  Alaska is more expensive that the Caribbean so this would have to be planned in advance and saved for.

My aunt took this cruise last week on Princess Cruise Line and although it was her first cruise...ever...she absolutely loved it.  Of course, she hasn't been to the Caribbean yet. (cough...my favorite...)  

So - it has to be said that this is a viable location to cruise and therefore I will try it out.  If you have already cruised to Alaska, what did you love about it?

Happy Cruising!
Mary

No comments: